As a student, under the law of Mr. Aquino III, I really appreciated his SONA held at the Batasan Pambansa Complex, last July 23, 2012, in front of thousands of crowd.
Inspite of the negative sides of his SONA, I still chose to see and appreciate the positive and good sides of it, because in his case, I know that it is very hard to run a country but still he recommends and nominates himself to become our President, and I am very thankful of that one. In other case, if I will question you, will you be a perfect leader? No, right? But still, inspite of the bad comments, he stood still and still continuing to prove himself . I remember some of his memorable SONA lines, ''Liberty is a poor substitute for food,'' this means that our freedom/rights/privilege is a poor substitute for food, because, yes, we have our freedom, but can we live without food? No. Another,''PNOY have always believed we Filipinos are hardest on ourselves, we tend to dwell on our weaknesses; rather than build on our strengths.'' Yes it's true, because sometimes, we tend to not know that particular thing but the truth is, we know and we can. Another, ''We cannot afford to think only in terms of the next election; our people will know longer allow an attitude of ''business-as-usual'' in government.'' And the most memorable line, I like the most, ''Clean, simple, the wish of the sons/daughters of Payatas; Work. Education, A personal house, in additional; Food on each set tables. This is the dream of everyone''. Many of us are longing for this things, but we cannot because of our number one problem which is poverty. Let us all help in the eradication of poverty, by means of desimination of the current life trends, providing a way on job opportunities. Let us all serve as a role model.
Although, there are many unpleasant comments, I chose to say it was good enough, for our President tried his very best.
No comments:
Post a Comment